Happy Friday, friends. I’m ending the week and starting the weekend with the best and richest chocolate cake ever! This recipe needs to be saved and filed in your recipe book ASAP. I’m not a huge chocolate fan, but every time I bake this cake I find myself enjoying a few pieces. It’s that good!
The husband turned 30 this past week (woohoo) and when I asked him what dessert he wanted he chose this heavenly chocolate cake. We had family come up and celebrate. Lincoln made him a card. It was the perfect birthday celebration for our favorite man.
This weekend I’m going to help the husband finish off this cake then attempt to cut down on my sugar intake to get back to my pre-baby weight. Cutting sugar out of your diet is killer. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
Grab the recipe below and have a lovely weekend!
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 bar of unsweetened chocolate chopped (I recommend Bakers Chocolate)
- 1 cup of hot freshly brewed coffee
- ½ tbs vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of oil
- ½ cup of room temp. sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix dry ingrendients in a large mixing bowl (flour, sugar, baking soda)
- Melt the unsweetended chocolate pieces by pouring hot coffee over it in a small mixing bowl. Make sure there are no chunks- continue to stir as needed.
- Combine sour cream, eggs, oil, vanilla in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the sour cream mixture into the dry mixture, mixing completely
- Add in the coffee melted chocolate mixutre
- Pour the batter in 2 round baking dishes
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Allow the cake to cool before icing
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cheryl Day.